Thursday, April 21, 2011

We are now in the teens.

As of today, there are 19 days left until the trip. So close I can almost taste it... almost.

Anyways, yesterday I went on my first fully loaded ride. I did 19 miles in an hour and 20 minutes. For those of you who don't want to do the math, that is about 14 mph. This is probably good news only to me and Fletcher, because that is what we wanted to average for our trip. There were no pressing issues. That means all I have to do now is get my bike tuned up one more time, then take it apart, then ship it to Portland, then fly to Portland, then bike back here.

The best part of yesterdays ride was when I was riding through Pendleton. I was on 88 and this guy on a moped rides up next to me and started asking me questions about where I was going, how far, all of that stuff. We ended up talking for only 3 or 4 minutes. But we backed up the cars on that road probably 15- 20 cars deep. So good.

Don't you just hate bikers on the side of the road.

"Why don't you just ride on the &*@! sidewalk"- Some guy yesterday out of an F- 250.

No comments:

Post a Comment