Saturday, April 30, 2011

Goodbye Nightshade v.2.0

The Nightshade v.2.0 is now off on its own little journey. The next time I meet up with her will be in 11 days, 3300 miles from here. I miss her already. I don't even know what I am going to do with myself while waiting to ride again.

Funny story, after I disassembled her and packed her, I took her to the FedEx place. The lady couldn't lift it off the counter. She slid it onto the floor, and then blatantly ignored the 6 "this side UP" signs and the giant arrows all over the box. As she turned it onto the side, all you hear is a bunch of clunks and clanks as my bike shoe and crescent wrench slowly make their way from one end of the box to the other, hitting every single metal thing in that 40 inch span. She looked like she broke something, so to reassure her, I made my face an expression of horror to assume she really did break something, and then immediately told her I was just kidding, it was fine. Always a good laugh, when someone breaks something valuable to you. It is even funnier when that something is the only thing that can get you back home this summer.

Teasing people is really fun sometimes.
I thought she was about to cry. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment