Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Atlantic

Well, I didn't dip my tire at camp because it isn't technically on the ocean. It is on some river mouth that feeds into the Atlantic. (we are talking only a couple hundred feet away).

So we got up, and I ate breakfast with everyone. We then set up the closing ceremonies for the campers before they all headed off home. We hung out at the staff house for a while. I did a puzzle with Zach Miller. I hate puzzles. They suck. But I like Zach, so it was okie dokie.

We then got a crew to finish the trip. We got a good 10 of us or so. We all grabbed bikes, and then went on a 2 mile ride down to the ocean. I couldn't have asked for a better ending. We got there, I dipped the tire, we all cheered, I went and jumped in the ocean (which was silly to do, cause I was wearing the only clothes I brought on the trip), we got to pray, then we took a ton of pictures. It was probably the best ending I could have wanted.

The rest of my afternoon can be described in just a few words.

Sailing.
Slammer Quality Time.
Botany Island.
Squatter's Rights.
Fiddler Crab Hunting.
Fishing.
Catching two Fish.
Sunset.
Chariot's of Fire.
Bed.


The End.
Beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. Daniel,
    I've enjoyed hanging out here with you & your blog. My sister Christine shared the link, Who is your daddy? I added it to my bookmark bar and checked it every day. It was fun sharing the experience along the way-thanks for taking us along! That is one awesome accomplishment. I admire your attitude and sense of humor. Love the photo of you with the mountains in the background which appeared in the Clemson online paper. I hope we have the chance to play Scrabble sometime!
    Diane Toomey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!!!!!!!

    Peter Kalshoven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, I've enjoyed following your trip. It makes me want to save up all my vacation time at my job and go for a long bike trip. I look forward to meeting you some time.

    Eric
    (Fletchers Uncle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Sir. Well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just read your entire blog in one sitting, very cool man and congratulations, now follow Don's pattern and do something else to push the limits

    eric tuttle
    Clemson '07

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey man, you don't know me, but we need to meet. I work down at St. Christopher and Thomas Donaldson told me about your blog, so I have been following it from the beginning. I want to meet up sometime to hear some more about your adventures. I did a little touring this summer and it was incredible...hoping to go cross-country next summer...but I had a little set back. Fell off the bike a couple weeks back and my cogs sliced open my calf and severed my achilles. Bummer. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I am super pumped for you and that I have been praying for you the whole time. Congrats Senor!

    Jeff Hennessy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Done Daniel.

    I just met your brother in Mukwonago, WI. He knocked on my door, doing some "personal fundraising". Nice kid. He happened to notice the banner hanging in my long uphill driveway, signifying the finish line for my son's solo bike ride earlier this year. Keith set off on March 21st from Lake Tahoe, and arrived back home here in Mukwonago, WI, on May 6th, some 37 days and 1800 miles later. Here's a short article: http://www.livinglakecountry.com/living/123019948.html

    Amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it.

    Congratulations. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete