Thursday, June 16, 2011

Who is your daddy?

Yesterday, Oh what a day. I woke up from crazy dreams, and the ticks. uuugh. Ticks everywhere again. I had a few on me, not attached, just on me. I do not like them.


Anyways, I was biking along, the weather was great, when I get a call from good ol' Uncle Bruce. He was just asking where I was, what my route was, etc. When he dropped this little nugget of gold on me, he says,"You know your dad left for Nashville this morning?". Hmm, I didn't know that. It turns out I was directly North of Nashville in Kentucky, and was heading towards Nashville this very day. So, I give the old man a call. Poppi, (my dad) says he is a few hours from Nashville, and says he can arrange a hotel for us through his work. I said delightful. I biked super hard for the next 6 hours getting to the border of Kentucky and Tennessee. I said Kentucky was the armpit of the United States. I got some crap about that from some people so let me clarify. Kentucky is really hot, and really moist. That is the reason I said that. The ride was actually one of the prettier ones of my trip. Not many cars, lots of rolling hills through huge forested areas. I saw a bunch of deer at a couple creeks. Overall, a really pretty section of the state. But... Super hot and super humid.


Well, I get in a little over a hundred miles for the day, and end right on the border of Tennessee and Tucky. Dad came and got me from the hotel (I didn't have to bike through the lightening storm, which was nice.) It was really great to see a familiar face since Denver. He said I looked crazy. I haven't looked in a mirror in a while, so I have a pretty windburned face, hair was everywhere, beard was splaying out all over the place. Quite a sight for the old man, I know.


We got back to the hotel and I had the most delicious shower I have ever had I think. It has been roughly a week since I have taken a shower. Yes it is gross, but the opportunity hadn't arrived. It took me three washings of my hair to get the matting and sweat out of it, and for it too be silky again. That is kind of yucky.


Dad took me to one of my favorite restaurants. It is in Nashville. It is called Monell's. If you like southern food, you have to go here. It is family style, so you sit at a table with complete strangers. I can boldly say that I out ate every person at the table by twice as much food. The menu was rocking. 2 types of salads, homemade peach preserves, fresh biscuits, cranberry relish, mashed potatoes, green beans, squash casserole, corn pudding, cornbread stuffing, pan fried chicken, baked chicken, fried pork chops, and banana pudding. I know I am forgetting somethings from the table, but that was roughly everything. If you imagine the Front Porch restaurant in Chester, but with all you can eat, that is what you have at Monell's. I felt terrible after I ate there, but was happier than could be.


Got back to the hotel and just crashed.


I should be in Clemson by Monday. Who is excited? ME!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bud...glad to help. Just got off the phone with your Dad, apparently you two went through $78 worth of Fabreez!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete